I can’t believe the end of the year is really here! I swear the older you get the quicker the year seems to fly by. I still haven’t heard anything about signing up for the 2011 WClub, but as soon as that info comes out (hopefully tomorrow?) I’ll post here. I’m definitely looking forward to a new year FULL of amazing dolls!
So for a final post, I thought I’d post my personal favs from this past year. I don’t collect every character, so I’d love to hear who your favorites are from this past year too! So here are mine:
Runner UP – Always Polished Dasha
– I’m only keeping her out of the official top 10 because I feel like she’s a sneak peek at the 2011 FR2 line and not part of the 2010 dolls, but definitely an amazing doll released this year that needs to be spotlighted! She was a little underated at first until people started taking her hair down and redressing her, and now she’s one hot little mama!
#10 – Lady Like Amelie
– Definitely my favorite Misaki released this year! And to think I wasn’t an Amelie fan before her, LOL. The outfit, the hair, the little square framed glasses & her purple teddy bear just screamed “buy me!”
#9 – Chill Factor Aria
– Maybe it’s because I was so upset that she wasn’t part of the VV collection and I was (im)patiently waiting for her return that made her a favorite, but I think it’s because she looks amazing in this incarnation! Back to her original tan skin and blond hair, this little latina beauty in her cute blue winter wear is one of my favs this year! So much so that I haven’t even redressed her, which you know is hard for me to do!
#8 – Vintage Vinyl Reese
– I’m so happy with the newly revamped DG’s! At first I was a little unsure, but now I’m a happy camper. And Reese… well she debuted as a little sassy thing in this collection! She can pull of cute & girly or hot & sexy and either way this girl rocks!
#7, 6, 5 – Great Pretender Lilith & the Wild At Heart Twins
– I think GP turned into a sorta-sleeper hit like her sister Style Mantra Eden from the year before. I just adore this doll in pretty much anything! Her platinum hair and soft makeup are sheer perfection. And I’m throwing the convention twins in here too since they all share the same face mold. It was definitely great to get these girls as a set again this year!
#4 – Spring Forward Eugenia
– Despite her blue eye shadow, I totally adore this doll! I have 2 of her, one with shorter hair & bangs & on a NF body, but the original is still a fab doll. Maybe it’s the nude lips with that gorgeous soft hair? I’m not sure, maybe it’s just because I love Eugenia, LOL, but she’s definitely made the top 5 for me!
#3 – Dark Romance Giselle
– Who I’m sure will be even better once she comes back to me rerooted as a raven! Another big thanks to Deron for being a wonderful dolly friend & amazing rerooter to me this year, I can’t wait to see her completed! But even as a blond, she was definitely the highlight of my convention dolls!!!!
#2 – Venus Eugenia
– Definitely the best trade I’ve done in my collecting “career”!! I let a good one go, but this was one I never thought I’d obtain! Thanks again to Rocco for this amazing doll!
Dun, Dun, Dun… and #1 (of course) is Bergdorf Poppy
Hands down THE. BEST. DOLL. EVER. (so far, LOL) – so I have to give an especially BIG thank you to Joy in my local doll club for grabbing an extra doll for me! I am forever dolly-indebted to you! And as you know, this doll canNOT take a bad picture because YES… she is that amazing!