Okay, today’s countdown piece may make some of you think I’m totally crazy, LOL. But for me part of the excitment leading up to the convention is pulling & styling outfits to wear and packing! LOL, I know, I’m crazy. So today’s post will also include some packing tips.
I know I posted before about styling for dolls and how I have all the doll accessories separated by color and in little organized bins. Well, the same goes for styling myself. You can’t pull outfits if you don’t have all your stuff organized. So below I took a quick shot of about 1/3 of my closet. As you can see all clothing is hung by color and all my shoes are in plastic bins above and stacked by color. On one side I have shelves of accessories all in bins and separators from the container store. Jewelry, scarves, bags and belts also separated for easy access. Once you have a clean and organized closet it makes pulling outfts together so much easier.
How To Pack Like A Pro:
- Create looks! (this is the most time consuming part) Also try to pick outfits that you can mix and match. Maybe wear those jeans twice during your trip, only pick one pair of boots that you can wear twice, etc. This will keep you from bringing way too much.
- Keep that organization going! I pull and try on outfits complete with accessories, stockings and shoes. I walk around the house with it on, sit down, bend over, etc. for about 5 minutes to make sure I’m comfortable in it. Then when I’m happy with that outfit I take it off, hang it up all on one hanger and put all the accessories into a ziploc bag. (Then when I wear that outfit I can pull out my ziploc bag and everything is there!)
- Prep your clothes! Iron any clothing the night before and leave them hanging until just before you leave.
- Pack it up! Put your shoes in felt bags to keep them from snagging your clothes and place the heaviest items in first and at the bottom of your bag. Put the lightest weight pieces, like silk, in last to keep them nice.
- Finishing Touch! I like to place tissue paper sprayed with my favorite perfume (Gucci by Gucci at the moment) into my luggage at the end to infuse the clothes with a light scent.
So those are my packing tips! And here’s a quick pic of an outfit I pulled and styled (just playing with my camera today) as well as a sneak peek at part of my costume!