My Freeque items arrived yesterday in the mail and I was so excited because I had (almost) forgot I even ordered them (I think I paid months ago). Which reminded me that I ordered *trico clothes too, but I don’t know when those are coming. Anywhoooo, I was excited because I have been in the fall spirit (even though we’re having weather in the upper 80’s here) and the cute little leather jacket is perfect for fall. Last week was rainy and overcast and only 60 degrees and I went fall shopping for boots and sweaters and that really got me excited for FR Con because I’ll be able to wear some of my new stuff there since I can’t wear them here yet .
Soooo, the new items were on the dining room table this morning and I came in and saw my hubby holding the leather jacket and our conversation went like this:
- Hubby: “This is a really impressive jacket.”
- Me: “Yeah it’s pretty nice.”
- Hubby: “Who is going to wear it?”
- Me: “I’m actually trying to decide that right now. I had a gut instinct about 1 in particular, but maybe I should put it on someone else.”
- Hubby: “I know who you’re going to put it on.”
- Me: “Really? Tell me ‘cuz that’ll help me decide.”
- Hubby: “Bergdorf Poppy.”
- Me: (giggling) “That’s who I first thought to put it on!”
- Hubby: “I know… See what you’ve done to me.” (sad laughter trailing off as he goes into his man-cave and watches breakdancing videos)
I thought that conversation was cute enought to share with y’all. A lot of you will meet him at the FR Con, so I wanted you to know how sweet he is to not just tolerate my hobby, but actually join in conversation about it even though he feels like it takes a little of his manhood away each time, LOL. But of course he (and my gut) was right, I held up the outfit in front of my glass cases of dolls to see who I could put it on and Bergdorf Poppy was definitely the best model.
Wow, this post was supposed to be short, so thanks for staying with me, LOL. I have to say Freeque is new to BIC’s site and the clothing is VERY well made. The detail on the jacket is just incredible! The jumper is adorable with little ribbon spaghetti straps and a daisy chain belt. Plus I love that they offered scarves!!! I sooo wish we could get more accessories that are NOT jewelry for our dolls.
So here is B. Poppy modeling in the dead leaves from my patio plant gorgeous fall leaves and showcasing a nice trend that transitions your summer clothing to fall. So be like Poppy and put on your summer skirts, shorts or dresses and add a nice pair of patterned tights, short boots and a jacket or cardigan. Then voila! your summer outfit now works for fall. (this is a trend I personally use & love)